At home in the kitchen, as well as on the cheese board at your next party.
- Strong, die cast zinc construction
- Durable stainless steel wire
- Wires can be replaced
- Includes one stainless steel replacement wire
- Good Grips soft, comfortable, non-slip handle
- Large hole in handle for storage
- Dishwasher safe
- Adjusting the thickness of cheese slices by changing the angle of your wrist can be difficult to master
- Replacement wire model: the mechanism to adjust the tension is made of plastic and can break (comment by other reviewers)
[starreviewmulti id=1 tpl=20 style=’crowns’]
A good choice for cutting hard cheeses. The wire easily slices through most cheeses although Parmesan can be problematic.
The handle fits comfortably in your hand and is easy to grip. After some practice, the thickness can be adjusted by changing the angle of your wrist.
The wire model is particularly good if you have young children as there isn’t a blade that they can cut themselves on. The downside of a wire one is that the wire can break, but it comes with a replacement wire if this happens to you. I haven’t experienced it but I’ve noticed that some other reviews mention that it can break easily.
[ds title=” query=’+Good +Grips +Wire +Cheese +Slicer’]